Selecting the Right Programmes in Malaysia
Malaysians as well as international students can gain access to quality higher education in this nation at its many public and private universities. Here are the important things you need to be aware of for continuing higher studies in Malaysia.
Different educational institutions are there in Malaysia and it is simple to choose one of these for higher studies. These include public and private universities as well as foreign universities branch campuses and private colleges (tertiary education).
Steps for Applying
Step 1: The first important step is that students should get information regarding the Malaysia education system. They should then check regarding the best institution and qualification for admission. Following this, students must submit application forms as well as relevant concerned documents as well as application fees to certain institutions.
Step 2: Following this, applications are either rejected or accepted. Acceptance letter is given to successful candidates and educational institutions apply for the student pass or visa for each pupil. Students then make preparations to come to the nation and enrol in the institution. Currently, there is no centralised system for global student application and students need to apply directly to the institutions which are under the consideration for enrolment.
As international students, one can apply in a direct way to the school/educational institution of one’s selection. Students should only apply to institutions given approval for acceptance by concerned authorities.
Preparation for Higher Studies in Malaysia
Applying for studying courses at Malaysian institutions is easy as students need to use concerned International Student forms for application for any required course and give it back to the educational institution of their selection with the following essential documents as well as course fees:
- Copies of concerned examination results which have been certified as well as academic certificates with English translation copies if they are in some other language
- Completed application form in case accommodation is needed
- Xerox of valid, required international passports as well as identity card
- Current passport size coloured photos as well as medical personal health report
- Fees for application ranging from USD 160 to USD 250 and this is non-refundable. Students can receive the online application form from the website of the institution as well as overseas representation of the institution in their country
- Ideally, students should be able to demonstrate proficiency in English and apply 2 months prior to the intake.
Following receipt of the application, institutions will take around one week for processing their application. Once the application has been accepted, a letter indicating offering of place will be accepted and delivered to you.